- Lighting your candle for the first time, we recommend you burn your 30cl candle for three hours to create a full burn pool. This pool will prevent tunnelling in the wax and is from where the fragrance is released.
- Place the candle on a stable, heat resistance surface and do not burn the candle beyond 5-10mm from the bottom of the glass.
- Trim your wick to 5mm prior to relighting. This will prevent the flame from being too large and also will help prevent mushrooming of the wick.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings and any debris at all times.
- If burning multiple candles, ensure each candle is at least 3 to 4 inches apart to prevent them melting each other.
- Do not burn candles for longer than four hours and burn your candle away from draughts.
- Allow your candle to melt fully to the edge of the glass before extinguishing, preventing your candle from tunnelling.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended or lit while sleeping.
- Instead of blowing your candle out and allowing the wick to smoulder – try dipping the wick into the wax to drown it, then lifting the wick back out.
- Do not move your candle when the wax is liquefied.
- Do not touch the candle until it is cool.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire.
- Keep candles out of reach of children and pets.